Asked by: Eldred Cormier II
Score: 4.5/5 (33 votes)
Here's a short summary of why generic giveaways hurt your business and Instagram growth: They increase your total number of followers but decrease the percentage of engaged followers. This results in lower engagement for your posts. Which results in your account being shown to fewer followers.
Are Instagram giveaways worth it?
I hear people say that Instagram giveaways are worth it because they usually gain “x” number of new followers. Some unfollow, but a good percentage don't unfollow, so they feel like it's worth it. ... By doing large generic Instagram giveaways you are trading short-term vanity metrics for long-term success.
Are Instagram giveaways rigged?
In fact, these “loop giveaways” have caused such a sh*tstorm on social media that Instagram itself has taken notice—accusing some of the influencers involved of violating their guidelines by “artificially collecting followers,” which is spam, according to Buzzfeed.
Are fake giveaways illegal?
How Do Sweepstakes and Prizes Scams Work? Federal laws prohibit false representations in sweepstakes and contest or prize promotions. Mailings and other advertisements for contests cannot falsely assert someone has won a prize, unless a prize will actually be provided to the recipient.
How can I increase my chances of winning Instagram giveaways?
10 tips to win more prizes on Instagram
- Take photos of everything! Regular Instagram winners are people who share their own original photos – rather than just regrams. ...
- Learn from the pros. ...
- Find and follow compers. ...
- Be an active follower. ...
- Ensure your profile looks good. ...
- Do a search. ...
- Upload old photos. ...
- Enter as late as you dare!
33 related questions found
How long should you run an Instagram giveaway?
Don't make it last too long
When deciding on a length for your Instagram giveaway, don't assume the longer it lasts the more people will enter. Limited time offers are still widely used for a reason because they give your audience a sense of urgency. So, to capitalize on that, I suggest sticking to 3-7 days.
How do you pick a winner for a giveaway?
Here are the 6 best ways to pick contest winners randomly and with intention:
- Choose a Random Giveaway Winner (Raffle Winner Generator)
- Pick a Winner With the Most Votes.
- Filter Entries by Correct Answer.
- Pick a Winner from Verified Emails.
- Pick Multiple Giveaway Winners.
- Let a Panel of Judges Decide.
How are Instagram giveaway winners chosen?
Select Your Instagram Winner With A Combination of Methods
For example, Your Instagram contest can have two series of methods to pick your winner. Round one could be to select the top five entries with the most likes or votes. After, for round two, your panel of judges can pick the winner based on best entries.
Is it legal to do giveaways on Instagram?
Are giveaways on Instagram legal? The short answer is, yes. The long answer is if you follow the below guidelines, use common sense for anyone running an online business and are fair and clear to all of your followers, your Instagram contest will be perfectly legal!
How do you randomly pick a winner?
The 6 Best Resources to Randomly Pick Contest Winners
- Use Google's Random Number Generator to Pick Winners. ...
- Use a Random Name Picker for Your Winner Selection Process. ...
- Use Woobox's "Pick a Winner" Tool to Draw Contest Winners on Social Media. ...
- Use YouTube's "Random Comment Picker" to Choose Winners.
How do I choose a winner?
Winner Selection Methods
- #1. Random Selection. The easiest way to choose a winner is to use a simple random selection tool. ...
- #2. Most Votes. ...
- #3. Most Likes on a Comment on a Facebook Post. ...
- #4. A Panel of Judges. ...
- #5. Combination. ...
- #6. Daily winner selection. ...
- #7. Multiple Winners. ...
- Here are two ways to squash fraudulent voting:
Is Woobox safe to use?
Woobox is a great promotion product to use, especially if you are looking to cut costs. Woobox offers affordable options for those looking to run contests and sweepstakes. ... Woobox offers robust reporting as well which is important for all aspects of our business.
How do you win a giveaway?
How to win an Instagram giveaway? - 5 top tips to increasing your chances!
- Follow #GIVEAWAY and enter lots of competitions! ...
- Follow Independent businesses. ...
- 3.Enter giveaways from those with smaller follower numbers. ...
- Make sure you do what is asked of you to qualify! ...
- Go over and above - give a little more.
What do I do if I get 1000 followers on Instagram?
How to Gain Your First 1,000 Followers on Instagram
- Create and optimize your profile.
- Designate a content creator.
- Follow photography and editing best practices.
- Set a regular posting schedule.
- Curate some of your content.
- Use a consistent, platform-specific brand voice.
- Write engaging, shareable captions.
What is the best day to launch a giveaway?
Well, Mondays and Tuesdays are typically the best days to launch and promote your giveaway, preferably somewhere in the evening (9PM – 11PM). Of course, you should think about your target audience and their time zone in order to get the best results.
How long should I do a giveaway for?
Running a giveaway for 2 weeks (14 days) is generally the best giveaway running time. It gives you plenty of time to secure entries, and it isn't so long that users will forget about you. Having your giveaway last for 2 weeks is actually the most popular choice for many businesses.
What is Woobox?
Woobox is a social promotion application. It allows you to run sweepstakes, contests, polls, and more across Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Vine. ... You can then easily track the performance of your contest in the Woobox interface.
Are giveaways legal?
A Giveaway is technically not a legal term at all, but can be used interchangeably with the term Sweepstake in blog posts or conversationally. But when you are using legal terms (such as in your rules and regulations), you should use contest or sweepstake.
How do you do the prize draw on Instagram?
How To Do a Giveaway On Instagram
- Choose the prize for your giveaway.
- Determine the entry-criteria for your contest.
- Decide on a goal for your Instagram contest.
- Consider a brand partnership.
- Select a campaign hashtag.
- Put a time-limit on your contest.
- Launch and promote your Instagram contest.
How do you announce a winner of a competition?
Here are some tips for keeping your announcement tweet on-point:
- Thank everyone for participating in your giveaway.
- If you know your winner's Twitter handle @mention them.
- Add a link to your giveaway landing page so followers can see more information.
- Include a photo of the prize or the winning entry for photo contests.
Can you cheat on Wheel of names?
Can I rig the wheel? No, but you can skew the odds by creating multiple entries with the same name. For example, if you'd like “Apple” to come up twice as often as “Banana”, enter “Apple” on two separate lines in the text box, and “Banana” only on one.
How do you get random comment picker on Instagram?
Comment Picker offers a handy Instagram Random Comment Picker tool. All you need to do is log in, enter the URL of your post and pick a random winner. You can choose to filter duplicate users to determine whether or not users can comment multiple times to gain multiple entries.
What is the best Instagram comment picker?
- #1 AiSchedul: The Best Instagram Giveaway Picker.
- #2 Gleam; Run Beautiful Competitions.
- #3 Wishpond – Instagram Giveaway Picker and Social Media Contest App.
- #4 Easy Promos App: An App for Picking a Winner on Instagram.